Sip of the Day – Thurrott: Windows 7 Release Candidate—Part V
Titera’s Tidbit: Velcro
In the summer of 1948, Swiss chemist George de Mestral took a close look at the cockleburs caught on one of his socks during a hike. Under a microscope, he saw the burs contained hundreds of tiny, hairlike hooks that grasped his clothing. Inspired, he created the synthetic fabric he first called “locking tape”. He patented it in 1955 as “Velcro”, a blend of “velvet” and “crochet”, French for “little hook”.
· A Trip to a Russian Nuclear Power Plant
· Check. This. Out. Amazing Photo of the Sun.
· Passer-By Pushes Suicide Jumper in South China
· Obama on Cybersecurity: We’re Not That Prepared
· Super Sip Software – Google Wave