Sip of the Day – Where to Dine Well for Less
Titera’s Tidbit: Cool
The use of “cool” as an approving term dates back to the late nineteenth century when it turns up in both African American and African British slang. It was largely confined to British blacks until World War II when American service personnel picked it up and introduced it to the American vernacular. Back home, it spread through jazz music, early rock, and the radio, making it standard usage by the late 1950s.
· The Versatility of the Word “Dude”
· The 15 Creepiest Vintage Ads Of All Time
· Blind Man Sees After Having Tooth Implanted in Eye
· The American League Wins Again: That is 13 in a Row!
· Super Sip Skipper – Fonolo.com